How should I act?
Just be respectful. If you bump into someone dancing, make an apologetic motion. Step on someone's feet, same thing. There will be people from all walks of life, go in with an open mind.
What should I wear?
Wear clothes that are comfortable to dance in. Neon colors, etc. are usually appreciated too.
How many people will be there?
Depends greatly on the event. Ranges from 50 people to 150,000.
What kind of music can I expect?
Again, this depends greatly on the event. You'll probably hear hardcore, hardstyle, dubstep, drum'n'bass, house, trance, or one of their subgenres.
How do I dance?
Doesn't really matter, just move; you'll look more awkward just standing there than anything else. Kandi stomping, shuffling, and DnB step are popular styles though.
Will people be selling rolls/molly at the rave?
Yes. It's better to buy from someone who's obviously rolling face, that way you know they aren't selling you bunk shit.
How do I locate such people?
Find someone who's obviously rolling face, and ask them to point you in the right direction. If they have no where to point you, ask what they took so you get an idea what pills are good and can search for those ones.
How should I smuggle in my rolls?
If it's a small amount, inside your sock works great. If it's a larger amount, put them in a baggie and crotch them.
How much water should I drink?
About 3 bottles over the course of the night. Drink only a little at a time, you don't want to over-hydrate. Bring money to buy a bottle inside the event ($2-5; refill in the bathroom sink to save money), they usually won't let you bring your own in. Also, sports drinks are even better than water.
How do I get someone to give me a light show?
Just ask, it's very rare for someone to say no.
How do I make raver friends?
Just start talking to people. Ravers (as a general rule) are the nicest people you've ever met and they love to talk to new people.
- PLUR - Peace Love Unity Respect
- Kandi/Kandy - Plastic bead bracelets / necklaces / etc. It is often traded to show affection and form a bond between two ravers. Attached pic is some of my kandi
- Kandi Kid - Someone who's completely desked out in kandi and also usually neon colored clothing
- PTot/Prostitot - Obviously underage girl who runs around raves in only her underwear (unfortunately more common than you would think)
- Thizz - Ecstasy Pills
- Bombs - Ecstasy Pills
- Thizz face - the retarded face people make when rolling tits
- Light show - Someone giving you a show with lights (awesome when rolling)
- Poi - Spinning of lights/fire on the end of strings
- Be open to hugs from members of both genders (it's going to happen)
- I suggest taking something to boost your immune system before attending; before I started doing this I was getting sick at almost every rave I attended
- If you plan on sourcing at the event, look up the good pills in your area on http://www.pillrepots.com/ first
- Cigs are amazing
- Don't take so many drugs you can't walk straight
- Don't grope random girls or make rude comments about them, no matter how scantily they may be dressed
- Raves aren't orgys
Om nom nom